Close Menu
Fund Focus News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Giants’ Willy Adames ends crazy drought with San Francisco history not done since Barry Bonds
    • Mexican government unveils $540M industrial hub to lure investments
    • ‘People Might Be Underestimating Demand For Spot XRP ETFs,’ ETF Expert Says As CME XRP Futures Set Open Interest Record
    • SoftBank, Rakuten tap Japan’s booming retail demand for bonds
    • Financial advice about living trusts, capital gains and COBRA
    • What is Expense Ratio in Mutual Funds? – Money Insights News
    • Billionaires Buy 2 Magnificent Index Funds That a Wall Street Analyst Says Could Soar 132%
    • not the FTSE 100 or S&P 500)
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Fund Focus News
    • Home
    • Bonds
    • ETFs
    • Funds
    • Investments
    • Mutual Funds
    • Property Investments
    • SIP
    Fund Focus News
    Home»Funds»Donald Trump To Release Billions In Frozen Funds: What To Know
    Funds

    Donald Trump To Release Billions In Frozen Funds: What To Know

    July 26, 2025


    More than $5 billion in frozen education grant funding to the states will be released in the coming weeks, according to the Department of Education.

    The money, which was used to found a range of initiatives including teacher training and English language programs, was suspended by the Trump administration on June 30 pending a review by the federal Office of Management and Budget.

    Newsweek contacted the Department of Education for comment on Saturday via email outside of regular office hours.

    The Context

    The announcement follows weeks of lobbying from both Democratic and Republican lawmakers concerned about the impact the funding suspension would have on their districts.

    Lawsuits aiming to get the money unfrozen had been submitted by 24 states and the District of Columbia along with a separate group of teaching unions, school districts and parents.

    What To Know

    On Friday, the Department of Education spokesperson Madi Biedermann said the funding had been unfrozen and would begin being paid out next week. The money was part of a larger sum of nearly $7 billion that had been approved by Congress for education spending and was due to be released on July 1, but that the Trump administration announced it had placed a block the previous day.

    On June 30, the Education Department announced the spending was under review with the Office of Management and Budget saying it would investigate whether it had previously been spent supporting a “radical left-wing agenda.”

    Donald Trump
    President Donald Trump speaks to the media as he arrives at Glasgow Prestwick Airport on July 25, 2025 in Prestwick, Scotland, UK.
    President Donald Trump speaks to the media as he arrives at Glasgow Prestwick Airport on July 25, 2025 in Prestwick, Scotland, UK.
    Andrew Harnik/GETTY

    The money had been earmarked for a number of services including migrant education, English language programs and adult education with $2.2 billion committed to teachers’ professional development.

    On Friday the administration said there would be “guardrails” in place to ensure the released money wasn’t spent “in violation of executive orders or administration policy.”

    Earlier this month the Supreme Court ruled the Department of Education can go ahead with its plan to lay off nearly 1,400 workers. The Trump administration reportedly considered abolishing the Department of Education in its entirety earlier this year.

    What People Are Saying

    In a post on X, Nebraska House Republican Don Bacon wrote: “Exciting news to announce! All frozen education funding for the upcoming school year have been released.”

    Referring to the payments on Friday at the National Governors Association’s summer meeting Education Secretary Linda McMahon said: “I would think now that we’ve reviewed them … a year from now, we wouldn’t find ourselves in the same situation.”

    Addressing The Washington Post Democratic Senator Patty Murray said: “This administration deserves no credit for just barely averting a crisis they themselves set in motion.

    “You don’t thank a burglar for returning your cash after you’ve spent a month figuring out if you’d have to sell your house to make up the difference.”

    Speaking to Axios Republican Senator Shelley Moore Capito said: “The programs are ones that enjoy long-standing, bipartisan support like after-school and summer programs that provide learning and enrichment opportunities for school aged children, which also enables their parents to work and contribute to local economies, and programs to support adult learners working to gain employment skills, earn workforce certifications, or transition into postsecondary education.”

    Skye Perryman, president of the Democracy Forward campaign group, said: “While this development shows that legal and public pressure can make a difference, school districts, parents, and educators should not have to take the administration to court to secure funds for their students.”

    What Happens Next

    Payments from the frozen funding should start going out next week according to the Department of Education.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

    Related Posts

    Financial advice about living trusts, capital gains and COBRA

    August 31, 2025

    Billionaires Buy 2 Magnificent Index Funds That a Wall Street Analyst Says Could Soar 132%

    August 31, 2025

    Big Brother star begs fans to help raise funds for hospital treatment

    August 30, 2025
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Giants’ Willy Adames ends crazy drought with San Francisco history not done since Barry Bonds

    August 31, 2025

    The Shifting Landscape of Art Investment and the Rise of Accessibility: The London Art Exchange

    September 11, 2023

    The Unyielding Resilience of the Art Market: A Historical and Contemporary Perspective

    November 19, 2023

    The Evolution of Art and Art Investments: A Historical Perspective on Fruitful Returns and Wealth Management

    August 21, 2023
    Don't Miss
    Bonds

    Giants’ Willy Adames ends crazy drought with San Francisco history not done since Barry Bonds

    August 31, 2025

    Giants’ Willy Adames ends crazy drought with San Francisco history not done since Barry Bonds…

    Mexican government unveils $540M industrial hub to lure investments

    August 31, 2025

    ‘People Might Be Underestimating Demand For Spot XRP ETFs,’ ETF Expert Says As CME XRP Futures Set Open Interest Record

    August 31, 2025

    SoftBank, Rakuten tap Japan’s booming retail demand for bonds

    August 31, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    EDITOR'S PICK

    Financial Fix | In Volatile Market, SIP is the Way to Go – Kashmir Observer

    August 7, 2024

    Here’s why I’d sell SCHD and JEPI ETFs and buy UTF instead

    April 22, 2025

    Ethereum ETFs Finally Start Trading Tomorrow—Here’s What to Expect

    July 22, 2024
    Our Picks

    Giants’ Willy Adames ends crazy drought with San Francisco history not done since Barry Bonds

    August 31, 2025

    Mexican government unveils $540M industrial hub to lure investments

    August 31, 2025

    ‘People Might Be Underestimating Demand For Spot XRP ETFs,’ ETF Expert Says As CME XRP Futures Set Open Interest Record

    August 31, 2025
    Most Popular

    🔥Juve target Chukwuemeka, Inter raise funds, Elmas bid in play 🤑

    August 20, 2025

    ₹10,000 monthly SIP in this debt mutual fund has grown to over ₹70 lakh in 23 years

    June 13, 2025

    ₹1 lakh investment in these 2 ELSS mutual funds at launch would have grown to over ₹5 lakh. Check details

    April 25, 2025
    © 2025 Fund Focus News
    • Get In Touch
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.